Saturday, 26 February 2011

Linda Ronstadt - Blue Bayou

                                                          
Romantic love song for your listening pleasure

          

I chance upon this wonderful, pleasantly melodious song and I promptly download it from the Youtube and have it saved for my posterity. Blue Bayou is a sweet ballade of sorts to tempt you with its slow paced tempo that sounds like blue glass music yet Roy Orbison, the late legendary guitar-playing, singer composer described it as country western. ( Roy composed this song)  Linda Ronstadt began with her well-known baritone voice and broke into a high pitch at the 3rd verse with her trade-mark shriek. Oh my, you’ll be absorbed and melted like ice with her rendering this song in her powerful rendition. So long you have yearned for good music; you’ll love this Blue Bayou. Take it from me.

Linda Ronstadt had been a sex symbol in the popular music scenes since she became famous in her teens, particularly during her prime. She complained that the American society was too sexiest and demanded a change. But with her stunning good look, her husky voice, long and slender body shape, coupling with her body movements, one could not help but just fantasize her company (Sorry, her bust line is rather small). Linda went on to sing "I don't know much" and "Somewhere out there" duet with other male artistes; both songs won acclaimed and coveted awards too.

Linda won 10 Grammy awards for her achievements and numerous Country and Western hits. Yes, Linda also sang ‘Blue Bayou’ in Spanish and it was a hit. It was known as 'Lago Azul’. Is she a Latino? Oh yes, she hailed from Tucson, Arizona and her father was a Mexican who migrated from Germany, and her mom, very much a White lady with English, Belgium and German ancestry. To those younger friends, I am not sorry to tell you Ronstadt is an old lady now, she was born in the year 1946 July 15th.

Alan CY Kok

Happy listening:-



Blue Bayou – Linda Ronstadt
(Song composed by Roy Orbison)



                                                               
                                                             
  
Blue Bayou – Linda Ronstadt
I feel so bad I got a worried mind
I'm so lonesome all the time
Since I left my baby behind
On Blue Bayou

Saving nickles saving dimes
Working til the sun don't shine
Looking forward to happier times
On Blue Bayou

I'm going back someday
Come what may
To Blue Bayou
Where the folks are fine
And the world is mine
On Blue Bayou
Where those fishing boats
With their sails afloat
If I could only see
That familiar sunrise
Through sleepy eyes
How happy I'd be

Gonna see my baby again
Gonna be with some of my friends
Maybe I'll feel better again
On Blue Bayou

Saving nickles saving dimes
Working til the sun don't shine
Looking forward to happier times
On Blue Bayou

I'm going back someday
Come what may
To Blue Bayou
Where the folks are fine
And the world is mine
On Blue Bayou
Where those fishing boats
With their sails afloat
If I could only see
That familiar sunrise
Through sleepy eyes
How happy I'd be

Oh that boy of mine
By my side
The silver moon
And the evening tide
Oh some sweet day
Gonna take away
This hurting inside
Well I'll never be blue
My dreams come true
On Blue Bayou








                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment