Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Recollection and Reflection of Life

 
Reflection gives insight into the earlier
lives of these senior citizens.

Photographer Tom Hussey created a series pictures that will speak to you, no matter your age, race, beliefs or occupation. The reflection photos illustrate just how much we change in our lives and how it seems to happen all at once, no matter how many years
actually go by. These will grip your soul.
 
Tom spoke to a veteran right before his 80th birthday,
whose quotes inspired him to create the series.
 
I can't believe I'm going to be 80," he told Hussey. I feel I just came back from the war.
I look in the mirror and I see this old guy."
 
"It's an universal condition - at point in your life. You look in the mirror and say, "wait a minute, how did I get this old?" said Tom.
 






"The idea of doing these images was a person looking in the mirror and seeing what they
remember."

When you look in the mirror every day, you recognize yourself, but you go back and look
at a photo of yourself 20 years ago you say, "Wow, I really have changed."

"You get to some milestone - age 20, 40, or 80 - and you can't believe that much time
has gone by."











Till death do us part.
 
Take time to appreciate everyday,
because these years will be gone
 before you ever realize it.
 
 
 
Many thanks to CC Koh for sharing.
 

Alan CY Kok

No comments:

Post a Comment